9:00 - 9:30 am EST
Keynote Presentation - COVID-19: Maximizing the Impact of Data and Analytics When the Insurance Industry Needs It Most
- Why now is the time to alter perceptions and strengthen your position as a crucial business partner?
- How can you meet the short-term business needs without compromising long-term scalability?
- Accelerating innovation with a fast failure / fast recovery approach
- What data & analytics tools are having the greatest impact in insurance right now?
Joe Vellaiparambil, Chief Data Officer, Equitable
9:30 - 10:00 am EST
Fireside Chat - Generating Real Business Value with AI
Ulysses David, Vice President of Customer Success & Implementation, Dataiku
Satish Padiyar, Divisional Vice President, Data & Analytics Solutions, HCSC
10:00 - 10:45 am EST
CDO Panel Discussion – Maximizing Business Impact by Understanding the “Why” When Building Your Data and Analytics Strategy
- How are business drivers dictating what you should be focussing on?
- Building the foundations of a robust data governance strategy across the business
- Identifying how to extract value in the near-term and get business buy-in
- How does cloud adoption feature within your data management roadmap?
- Modernizing practices and technology so it can be sustained into the future
Moderator: Harbert Bernard, Global Value Consultant Lead, Profisee
Don Vu, Chief Data Officer, Northwestern Mutual
Louis DiModugno, SVP, Chief Data Officer, HSB - a MunichRe Company
Yorck Einhaus, SVP, Chief Data Officer, Farmers Insurance
10:45 - 11:15 am EST
11:15 - 11:45 am EST
Breakout Presentation – Designing a Data Analytics Operating Model for Maximum Business Impact
- Considering modelling as an input-throughput-output process
- Maintaining data ethics with effective model monitoring
- How should propensity modelling feature as part of a wider analytics strategy?
- Understanding how the accuracy of your model changes over time
Emigdio Zambada, EVP, Advanced Analytics, Nationwide
Breakout Presentation - Implementing Organizational Change Management for Data Quality and Data Governance
- What change management methodologies are most applicable for the challenges in insurance?
- How can you win across department lines to make change stick?
- Ensuring executive sponsors aren’t paying ‘lip-service’ to the goals of your data program
Ryan Brubaker, CIO and EVP Operations, Seven Corners
11:45 - 12:15 pm EST
Breakout Presentation - Enabling Next-Gen Analytics with Active Metadata Management
- Does metadata hold the key to assessing enterprise data quality?
- Useful tools for simple search, discovery, and recommendations for relevant data
- Increase data confidence with a holistic view including lineage, relationships, and quality
- Accelerating AI/ML projects with improved data visibility
Breakout Presentation -Establishing the Policies, Processes, and Practices to Make Data Democratization a Reality
12:15 - 1:00pm EST
Panel Discussion – Delivering Finance and Risk Data Management On Time and On Budget
- How can you bridge data silos to enable financial and actuarial transformation?
- Providing robust governance and high data quality while working with multiple data lakes
- Exploring the role of automation in unifying and reconciling data
Moderator: Chuck Mattson, Senior Account Executive, Oracle
Theresa Peachey, 2VP Data Management, Travelers
Jyotsna Sankuratri, AVP - Head of Financial Risk Applications, Voya Financial
Jennifer Norr, VP Consumer Data, CUNA Mutual
1:00 - 1:30 pm EST
1:30 - 2:15 pm EST
Panel Discussion – Operationalizing AI For Data Management & Governance to Deliver Increased Business Value
AI and ML is transforming the insurance industry from combating fraud to improving customer experience. What does it take to ensure these investments deliver business value? What is the role and benefit of AI/ML for traditional data management and data governance functions?
Moderator: Peter Ku, Vice president and Chief Financial Services Strategist, Informatica
Nishant Upadhyay, Vice President, Information and Data Management, American Family Insurance
Sunder Gokulanathan, VP, Enterprise Data Hub, CSAA
Heather Wentworth, Chief Data Officer, Accelerant Holdings
2:15 - 2:45 pm EST
Keynote Presentation - Reducing the Risk of Data Breaches to Retain Customers, Maintain Profitability, and Protect Executive Careers
- Strategies to minimize risk exposure and increase compliance transparency
- How does the shift to home working impact the balance of data access vs need to control?
- Conducting robust risk assessments in real-time
- How cloud-hosted payments solutions can strengthen data security
2:45 - 3:15 pm EST
3:15 - 3:45 pm EST
Keynote Presentation – What Does ‘Digital’ Really Mean and How Does It Relate to Your Data Programs?
- How should you be thinking about tech to improve performance?
- How can you ensure data is accessible and easy to use by the business?
- Designing and building onmi-channel communication strategies
3:45 - 4:30 pm EST
Virtual Roundtable - How Can You Best Create a Data Governance Framework That Facilitates Innovation?
- Data governance and innovation are not mutually exclusive: what are the best ways to build a structure that minimizes disruption?
- How can you most effectively integrate good governance when modernising your platforms?
- How are business attitudes influencing your approach to ethics?
Manzoor Mohideen, AVP, Data Management, Pacific Life
Julia Romero, Lead for Actuarial Engineering and Advance Modeling, Haven Life
Ken Leibow, CEO, Insurtech Express
Virtual Roundtable - How Do You Create an Agile Technology Roadmap that can Adapt to Changing Consumer Behaviours?
- How can you capitalize on the data you have to find the best product match for the consumer?
- Which technologies best provide customer insights to enable cross-selling opportunities?
- What will the impact be of computer vision, natural language processing and recommendation engines?
- How are you using data to improve customer experience and engagement?
Thomas Sowinski, VP of Solution Delivery, Farm Credit Services of America
Meetesh Karia, Chief Technology Officer & Chief Data Officer, The Zebra
Todd Lehmann, Vice President & Chief Actuary, Quincy Mutual
4:30 pm EST
End of Day One